October 11, 2009

Nausea & Pain

I don't know why I'm so nauseated. I just cannot shake this. Between the worsening headaches, face pain & the nausea/ vomiting... I don't know what's going on. I'm looking forward to seeing the pain management doctor this week & talking to the neurosurgeon on Friday. I don't know why the pain has increased so much lately... hopefully he can figure out something that will work better than what I take now. I've been trying to NOT take anything until it's so bad, thinking that the pain meds could be causing some of the nausea/vomiting. I even get car sick while I'm driving. (it's very difficult to stay on the road while vomiting) Thank God for compazine! I now take it before driving or leaving the house.

I have been using my hard collar again to help with my symptoms, but only for about an hour or so at night. If I use it any longer than that it causes too much pain on that area of the plate in the back of my skull that's so sore. The funny thing is that it does help. I don't know if it's due to not allowing my neck to turn, or if it's the raising my head up that helps. Turning my head has ALWAYS increased my symptoms, but NOT turning your head is much easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment