October 11, 2009

Reason for Blog/ Title...

I decided to go ahead with this blog after our last support group meeting. I again encouraged all to consider creating a blog or "caringbridge page" as many have done. It's an easy way to update or chronicle what's going on... and sometimes "say" the things that we find hard to say about what we're going thru.
For example, when others ask me how I am, I answer (as many of us do), "I'm ok, how are you?" When clearly, I've not been "ok" in quite a while. But it seems a burden sometimes to share too much. Remember that old saying, "misery loves company"... but the truth is that "company doesn't love misery". NOT to say that they don't care, but it's sometimes such a loaded question, and brings such emotion in my heart, that I just say that I'm alright. The truth is that those closest to you already know without asking. And anyhow, we all "look fine" now, don't we?
As for my blog title... So many people call those of us who go thru life threatening health conditions "courageous". Actually, one of the nurses that I worked who saw me (just before my first brain surgery) say, "You're so brave". Hmmmmm... truth be told, I'd have traded places with someone else in a heartbeat! This had nothing to do with bravery, or courage. I'm stuck with this and surgery or "living with" it's effects was just something that I have to cope with. That being said, you do have to hold some courage thru all of this, or else I'd truly LOSE MY MIND!
So the courage that I do have... has been inspired by my loved ones! Thus, "Inspired Courage". I could NEVER (nor would I have wanted to) get thru any of this without you... my family and my friends! You are ALWAYS there for me & I am FOREVER GRATEFUL!

1 comment:

  1. you are the brave man.Recently I came into knows about chiari malformation.Its really scare me .you can go through http://www.chiarisupport.org

    and share your experience.

    ReplyDelete